User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded - Resolution with screenshots
Situation: 1. When attempting to login a domain computer running Windows 7, you may receive this message: User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
2. Other user login is fine.
3. The problematic user profile is very large (over 25GB).
4. The User profile type and status show backup.
Resolution: 1. Reduce the user profile.
2. The user profile may be corrupted. Please copy all data and then copy a good user profile.
3. Disable UAC and requires reboot the computer.
4. Created another copy of the default folder (under c\ Users), renamed the old one, changed the new one to "default" and ....... it worked.
5. It was McAfee HIPS that was stopping the creation of the user profiles. It only stopped new users who had to create a new profile. I turned off HIPS and the person was able to log in and create their profile. I turned on HIPS and the user was able to log in again. The HIPS admin had to put in a new rule to allow all new profiles to be created for all of the other servers.
6. Recreated SID again in below registry key and it worked for me: or you can export profile from other machine which is in same domain and having same SID created. It will work.
'regedit' then locate 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList'
7. In my case I got this error on windows 2008 R2, and found it was a space issue on C drive. Cleared space, issue resolved.
8. I copied the default profile folder, renamed it to the username and cleared hidden & read only attributes.
9. Run Regedit elevated and select HKEY_USERS and "load hive" from the menu. Now navigate to:
There is one line for each profile. If a profile is bad, check:
a) That the key name doesn't end in ".bak" (remove .bak if there)
b) That the RefCount value is 0 (change it if different)
c) That the State value is 0 (change if different)
Make any necessary changes, close Regedit and try to log in as that user.
Also refer to this link:
You receive "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message
Discusses a "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded” error message that may be received in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
Copyright © 2002-2017 ChicagoTech.net, All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction forbidden.