No workstations run logon script
The client installed Windows SBS 2003 with DNS and WINS and joined
all workstations’ to the domain successfully. They also added a mapping to
SBS_LOGIN_SCRIPT.bat. When logon the server, the script work fine. However,
when logon workstations, the script doesn’t’ run no matter who’s logon.
1. The server have correct DNS and WINS settings.
- The clients can access the Internet and any LAN
- When using ping –a Ip address, it reply with NetBIOS
name only. That means that the clients use WINS as name resolution for LAN
- On any client, Nslookup points to the ISP DNS. That
is the problem.
- Problem: all workstations use router DHCP server
with ISP DNS.
- Resolutions: Enable DHCP with the internal DNS on
the SBS. Or assign the internal DNS to the router. So, all workstations
use the internal DNS instead of ISP DNS.
Troubleshooting SBS Issues
|Failed to access SBS
Internal Web site from the Internet · Fax Server Information cannot be
Retrieved. Server Error in '/' Application. ...
Bob Lin Photography services
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
Copyright © 2002-2017
All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction forbidden.