Can't backup SQL Database using Barracuda backup
Barracuda ERROR: Failed to open object on data source
Event ID 1, 3201 and 3041
Situation: 1. Barracuda backup log these errors: "SQL: SQLConnect failed for SQL instance [LocalServer]", "SQL: Dump database cmd failed: ", "SQL: STATE -  Native error:  Message: [[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open backup device 'deviceADD239F5'. Operating system error 0x80070005(Access is denied.).]", "SQL: STATE -  Native error:  Message: [[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.]", "SQL: SQL command failed before VD transfer", "SQL: SQL command failed before VD transfer".
2. The Windows Event Viewer has these
3. The client receive this message
from their Barracuda backup: **WARNING** The data listed below is not
currently accessible by your Barracuda Backup Server and was not backed up
as a result.
Resolution: 1. Register SQLVDI.dll by following these steps:1) Stop all of the SQL Services.
2) Launch Windows Explore, search for, and document the location of each instance of sqlvdi.dll.
3) Click Start, click Run, type Regsvr32 Path\SQLVDI.DLL in the Open box, and then click OK.
4)Restart the SQL Server.
2. Try Microsoft hotfix: FIX: Error
messages and an event may be logged when you use the Virtual Device
Interface in SQL Server 2005 or in SQL Server 2000
3. This issue is resolved by applying the following update
to the SQL Server from Microsoft.
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
Copyright © 2002-2017 ChicagoTech.net, All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction forbidden.