Home | Site Map | Cisco How ToNet How To | Wireless |Search | Forums | Services | Donations | Careers | About Us | Contact Us|

Event ID 36888 - The internal error state is 1203

Active Directory, Domain, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SBS, New Releases.

Event ID 36888 - The internal error state is 1203

Postby blin » Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 am

Situation: the client has a Windows 2008 R2 Server running IIS. The Event Viewer shows this error: Event ID 36888, Source: schannel – Error: The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 1203.

Case 1: The internal error state is 1203 - From a support forum: "This event is seen on windows 2008 R2 running IIS. If a user tries to access a web site using HTTP but specifies an SSL port in the URL then this event is logged. This event is expected as the client is trying to use the wrong port or the wrong protocol to access the site

Case 2: The error 1203 indicates invalid Client access. This is by design and you can ignore this warning."

Case 3: This may be related to a scan software like Spiceworks. We configured Spiceworks to scan servers once a day at 4am. And I can go through my event logs where this messages is thrown every day at 4am across all of our servers.

Case 4: Our server (Win Server 2008 R2) had an event log filled with these errors (SChannel 36888 fatal error 10). I looked at the times, and linked it to a port-scanning tool that we had been using to audit our network security (Nmap/Zenmap). Each time the computer was scanned it registered a handful of errors. I hope that this helps anyone who stumbles upon this thread in the future.

Case 5: I believe this may be a hacking script. I was able to catch one in the act with Wireshark.

Case 6: This event is expected as the client is trying to use the wrong port or the wrong protocol to access the site

Case 7: This seems to have started when I installed Kaspersky AV on a Windows 2008 R2 server.
How to Configure and Troubleshoot Cisco
http://www.howtocisco.com

Tablet and Smartphone Setup Guide
http://www.quicksetupguide.com
blin
Site Admin

Return to Windows

Your Ad Here